Ares Design unveils Project 1 supercar with specs, pricing
Coachbuilder Ares Design has revealed interior and exterior photos of is upcoming Project 1 supercar. The vehicle is a modern re-interpretation of the legendary De Tomaso Pantera from the 1970s.
The Project 1 is the first instalment in the Legends Reborn series that will consist exclusively of revived retro cars.
The modern De Tomaso Pantera comes based on the Lamborghini Huracan chassis, but is wider and longer than the donor vehicle. Powered by a 5.2-liter naturally aspirated engine rated at 660 hp / 462 kW and 540 Nm / 400 lb-ft of torque, it enables it to sprint to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.1 seconds and up to 325 km/h (202 mph).
The Pantera sports an all-carbon body and gets to inherit most of its key units and components from the Huracan, including the AWD system, the 7-speed DCT, carbon-ceramic performance brakes and adaptive shock absorbers.
Other highlights include forged wheels (20" front, 21" rear), pop-up LED headlights, and a sports exhaust system.
The Ares Design Project 1 ships with a fully customizable interior with carbon fiber, Alcantara and Nappa leather used throughout.
A single car costs €615 000 and takes 3 months to produce.
Photo: Ares Design
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Flashy golden Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio to take part in the 2019 Mille Miglia race
- BMW M5 Edition 35 Years comes out in July, sports unique exterior and cabin
- Porsche 935 gets reincarnated in 77 units sporting 7 classical liveries
- Nissan improves its Navara/Frontier truck for wilderness trips
- 4th-gen Ford Focus ST estate/wagon debuts at last