Ares Design unveils Project 1 supercar with specs, pricing
Coachbuilder Ares Design has revealed interior and exterior photos of is upcoming Project 1 supercar. The vehicle is a modern re-interpretation of the legendary De Tomaso Pantera from the 1970s.
The Project 1 is the first instalment in the Legends Reborn series that will consist exclusively of revived retro cars.
The modern De Tomaso Pantera comes based on the Lamborghini Huracan chassis, but is wider and longer than the donor vehicle. Powered by a 5.2-liter naturally aspirated engine rated at 660 hp / 462 kW and 540 Nm / 400 lb-ft of torque, it enables it to sprint to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.1 seconds and up to 325 km/h (202 mph).
The Pantera sports an all-carbon body and gets to inherit most of its key units and components from the Huracan, including the AWD system, the 7-speed DCT, carbon-ceramic performance brakes and adaptive shock absorbers.
Other highlights include forged wheels (20" front, 21" rear), pop-up LED headlights, and a sports exhaust system.
The Ares Design Project 1 ships with a fully customizable interior with carbon fiber, Alcantara and Nappa leather used throughout.
A single car costs €615 000 and takes 3 months to produce.
Photo: Ares Design
Reporter Sergei Musa
- SVO pushes out a special Land Rover Discovery for the Mobile Malaria project
- The new Mercedes GLC Coupe enjoys an Internet premiere
- Bentley Continental GT now available with a 4.0 V8 TT
- New Cadillac CT5 destined to replace the XTS, CTS, and ATS
- Mitsubishi eK, Nissan Dayz kei cars to get better tech in their next generation