Mercedes-Benz E63 S wipes wet tarmac with competitors in a drag race
The flagship Mercedes-Benz E-Class – the E63 S – is a veritable sleeper car. There is nothing in its outer appearance that would say, “I eat supercars for breakfast”. And then you go full throttle and realize that it really, seriously does. It is perhaps this quality that made the German vehicle the target of power tuning by Renntech. The car then fought against multiple competitors at the Automaxx Streetpower 2019 event hosted on a rain-drenched Zandvoort Circuit in the Netherlands.
The Mercedes-Benz E63 S entered the race with its stock V8 boosted from 603 hp (450 kW) to around 800 (600 kW). It subsequently challenged an Audi RS6 Avant, a 1,200 hp / 895-kW strong Nissan Skyline, an Audi S8, an Audi TTRS, a BMW M3, another Mercedes-Benz E63 and the famous hypercar slayer Nissan GT-R.
Despite the obvious lack of road grip due to all the rainwater, the sleeper has managed to beat most of its competition and only narrowly lose to the rest. But c’mon, you absolutely must see it with your own eyes, so just hit Play already! It is well worth it, we promise.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- World’s fastest Dodge Challenger Demon does a quarter mile in 8.7s
- 900-HP, DMC-kitted Aventador coupe makes an appearance in Cannes
- London-based tuner to release 100 Range Rover coupes
- Japanese tuner unveils new, understated Mercedes GLE body kit
- Volvo V90 gets slammed into the ground by means of AirRex suspension