Rumor: Tesla considering a Cybervan
The grapevine has it that Tesla is looking into complementing its EV range with a minivan resembling the Cybertruck in terms of styling.
Rumors that Tesla was going to start offering a particularly capacious people hauler EV started circulating years ago. However, aside from a 12-seat underground transportation capsule designed for The Boring Company tunnels revealed last summer, Elon Musk never mentioned anything matching that description.
At the beginning of the year, Tesla CEO admitted that coming up with a prototype car was much easier than bringing it to the market. One good example is the Semi truck that had to be postponed due to battery supply difficulties.
According to the latest whispers, Tesla may begin producing its Cybervan (name unofficial) at the same factory near Austin, Texas where it plans to produce the Cybertruck. The facility should be fully constructed by the end of the current year. The company claims it has received over 500,000 pre-orders for the truck and will begin the production with the three-engine top spec.
No further details are available; even if a Tesla van becomes real, it would probably take around five years to arrive.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Did Tesla Model S just set a quarter-mile record?
- Rumor: Ronaldo buys a unique Ferrari Monza after Ibrahimović
- Mercedes-Benz EQS production started, sales in Europe set for this fall
- Defender-imitating Ineos Grenadier gets pushed back to mid-2022
- The Chevy Corvette Cabrio is this year’s Indy 500 safety car