Ford confirms the Bronco Raptor in a teaser vid
Media have been constantly talking about the possibility of a Bronco Raptor lately, referencing the recent spy shots featuring a heavily camouflaged Bronco. It is now official that the off-roader gets a Raptor version.
The short video briefly focuses on a modified radiator grille with the name ‘Ford’ on it (like the F-150 Raptor), a Raptor badge, and an announcement of a premiere coming in 2022.
It seems that sales will not be starting until 2023, however. Ford is quite busy as it is delivering the standard Bronco, and microchip shortage makes it hard for manufacturers to boost their production volumes.
Engine-wise, the car may inherit its powertrain from the latest Ford Explorer ST or the F-150 Raptor. The former packs 400 PS (394 hp / 294 kW) and the latter 450 PS (444 hp / 331 kW).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2022 Chevy Corvette Z06 impresses crowd with its 8,600-RPM engine tune
- 2022 Hyundai Creta for Asia de-uglified with Tucson design cues
- New Rolls-Royce Black Badge set to debut next week
- Mercedes-AMG allows another sneak peek at the next-gen SL
- 2022 GMC Sierra breaks cover with new looks, options and power