Rumor: Porsche 718 EV to appear in 2024
Up until now, there has been no information whatsoever regarding the next generation of the Porsche 718. Will it be all-electric, hybrid or ICE-powered? Car and Driver claims that an insider has leaked all the answers.
Allegedly, Porsche will unveil an all-electric 718 model in 2024. It will be based on the recently introduced Mission R Concept (see the gallery and the video). Before this can happen, however, the company will have to make adjustments in the powertrain and solve the weight issue due to the heavy batteries. To this end, it is reportedly working on a new, simplified version of the PPE platform.
Car and Driver reports that the new 718 will be available in Cayman and Boxster body styles, and will first emerge as a prototype in 2024. Sales should begin in 2025.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 21-year-old Mustang Cobra R bid to $80k thanks to low mileage
- 2020 Audi RS 3 evaluated at 2x the new price, because it’s a racer
- Barely used 2010 Bugatti Veyron crops up for $1.6M in Russia
- Rumor: Opel Astra to spawn an SUV or high-riding wagon version
- This 1990 Honda CR-X is a time capsule from Portugal