Time-honored Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior reborn as an SUV
Alfa Romeo has taken the wraps off a special edition of its Stelvio SUV, which pays homage to the iconic GT 1300 Junior Coupe from the 1960s and 70s.
The spin-off comes based on a middling Veloce spec coming with a 2.2-liter turbo diesel under the hood rated at 210 PS (207 hp / 154 kW). An eight-speed automatic transmission drives all four wheels. A number of individual touches make the series unique, including 21-inch designer wheels, a yellow exterior paint, leather seats with ‘GT Junior’ embroidered upon them, and a front fascia decorated with an outline of the original coupe.
Dealerships will receive the Stelvio GT Junior next month and offer it starting from €72,750.
As for the original GT Junior, it was designed based on the Giulia Sprint GT and relied on a rather humble 1.3-liter engine with 89 PS (88 hp / 65 kW) for propulsion.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2022 Chevy Corvette Z06 impresses crowd with its 8,600-RPM engine tune
- 2022 Hyundai Creta for Asia de-uglified with Tucson design cues
- New Rolls-Royce Black Badge set to debut next week
- Mercedes-AMG allows another sneak peek at the next-gen SL
- 2022 GMC Sierra breaks cover with new looks, options and power