2022 Ford Focus for Europe bows with refreshed exterior, cabin and tech
Ford Europe has revealed a facelift version of its Focus bestseller, complete with major exterior changes and a new transmission option.
The nose end sports new LED headlights, as well as redesigned hood, bumper, and radiator grille. Inside, the digital dash cluster isn’t exactly new – it appeared in summer 2020 – but there is now a 13.2-inch Sync 4 infotainment display as well.
Mild-hybrid powertrains continue to make 125 and 125 PS (123 and 153 hp; 92 and 114 kW), but six-speed manual transmission is no longer the only option. Seven-speed DCT can be obtained in both specs. Those who would like a good old ICE drivetrain can always opt for a gasoline engine rated at 100 or 125 PS (99 or 123 hp; 74 or 92 kW). Yet another alternative is a diesel capable of 95 or 120 PS (94 or 118 hp; 70 or 88 kW).
The Focus ST now comes finished in green and has different seats. The turbo four-cylinder rated at 240 PS (237 hp / 176 kW) stays stock.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2022 Chevy Corvette Z06 impresses crowd with its 8,600-RPM engine tune
- 2022 Hyundai Creta for Asia de-uglified with Tucson design cues
- New Rolls-Royce Black Badge set to debut next week
- Mercedes-AMG allows another sneak peek at the next-gen SL
- 2022 GMC Sierra breaks cover with new looks, options and power