Video: 950-PS, AWD Acura RSX is peerless on the track
Fun fact: the somewhat rare Acura RSX model maxes out at 214 metric horsepower (211 hp / 157 kW) and is strictly a front-wheel-drive car. Now, re-read the title and hurry to watch the video.
According to the owner of the sleeper car, it still retains its original 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (K20Z1 DOHC-16V). Which is a bit of a misleading statement, seeing how nearly everything is new including pistons, connecting rods and the camshaft. A single massive turbocharger drives the small displacement to an insane 950 PS (937 hp / 700 kW), which a custom transmission sends to all four wheels. Add to this the fact that the sleeper weighs in under one metric ton (2,200 lbs), and you might just not be shocked to hear that it runs the quarter-mile in 8.78 seconds reaching 262 km/h (163 mph) towards the finish line.
Still here? Be sure to watch the video! It’s not every day that you see a tame city car wipe the floor with a McLaren 720S.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Is this a 1979 Ford Bronco or a modern F-150 in disguise?
- Watch a Novitec-tuned Rolls-Royce Cullinan tear through an autobahn
- EV conversion shop Everrati enters North American market
- 630-PS Volvo army ATV heading to auction without reserve
- 1,900-HP, manual Ford Mustang beats the world quarter-mile record