2020 Audi RS 3 evaluated at 2x the new price, because it’s a racer
A zero-mileage 2020 Audi RS 3 sedan is available in the UK at £109,950. You can buy a road-legal version of it starting from £49,415, but this one is an LMS TCR spec – watch the video to get an idea.
Unlike the standard car, the racer boasts flared fenders, a front splitter, a hood air intake, a large rear wing, and special wheels. It also features a stripped cabin with only the dash panel partially preserved. Added track-friendly features include a roll cage, a fire extinguishing system, an homologated carbon-fiber bucket seat, a racing-ready dashboard, and a steering wheel to match it.
Power comes from a turbocharged four-cylinder engine capable of 340 PS (335 hp / 250 kW) and 420 Nm (310 lb-ft) of torque. The drive is on the front axle, although the road-going RS 3 supports AWD. On the upside, the LMS TCR weighs as little as 1,115 kg (2,458 lbs).
The seller highlights that the vehicle received engine modifications in order to comply with the racing regulations and is therefore not street-legal under any conditions.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Zero-mileage 2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3 Cup is up for grabs in Russia
- Cizeta-Moroder №001 underway to auction
- Video: Will a VW Golf R hold its own against the best-in-class Porsche, BMW and Audi?
- GM ponders the possibility of an all-electric Corvette
- Video: Rimac previews its €200 million headquarters in Zagreb