Video: Cold starting a Chiron Super Sport 300+ sounds like an older plane taking off
The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ debuted in 2019 as an ultra-exclusive hypercar worth nearly $3.9 million. It is also among the most insanely powerful cars in the entire world, so excuse us if we cannot miss an opportunity to post a video starring it.
In this 85-second vid, the Chiron SS+ gets fired up in cold weather. By the look of it, it had also spent a night sanding outside in the cold. As a result, its eight-liter W16 starts up not unlike an airplane engine from the mid-20th century. We could be mistaken, but it also sounds like it starts with only a few cylinders active and then gradually activates the rest.
In case you forgot, the Chiron Super Sport 300+ commands 1,578 hp (1,600 PS / 1,177 kW) and only stops accelerating at 440 km/h (273.4 miles per hour) because the electronic limiter says so.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Zero-mileage 2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3 Cup is up for grabs in Russia
- Cizeta-Moroder №001 underway to auction
- Video: Will a VW Golf R hold its own against the best-in-class Porsche, BMW and Audi?
- GM ponders the possibility of an all-electric Corvette
- Video: Rimac previews its €200 million headquarters in Zagreb