630-PS Volvo army ATV heading to auction without reserve
A modified 1957 Volvo TP21 military off-roader will hit the block without a starting price in January 2022. It is a SEMA 2018 show car with an engine swap and a revised interior, so it should fetch a nice amount.
Eddie Pettus, from Eddie’s Rod & Custom, has co-designed the one-off with Toyo Tires. While the interior and the powertrain were the two primary focuses, the exterior received an extensive overhaul as well, ending up with a Safari Yellow finish, heavy-duty bumpers and a couple of extra antennas. OEM rims made room for TrailReady wheels wrapped in 40-inch Toyo bigfoots suited for off-roading.
The 3.6-liter six-cylinder rated at 90 PS (89 hp / 66 kW) is also gone, replaced with a Chevrolet ZZ572 mill mated to a TH475 three-speed auto gearbox. The mill pumps out 630 PS (621 hp / 463 kW) and 882 Nm (651 lb-ft) of torque, and the steering benefits from hydraulic power assistance.
Cabin highlights include AC, an infotainment system with GPS, and a retractable LCD for the rear seat occupants with a PlayStation 4 plugged into it. Another TV screen can be found in the trunk, connected to Kicker speakers suspended outside in their own casings. A fridge lies concealed under the trunk floor.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: Nissan 370Z overexerts itself, explodes, but fails to catch up with a Model S Plaid
- Look at this JDM Nissan Silvia, which is actually a 240SX with a GM V8 under the hood
- Video: BMW M3 pumps out 126.7 dB of brutality with an exhaust swap
- Toyota reveals a new rally racer
- Check out a rocket car and Richard Hammond’s failed killer