DMC says you can spend cryptocurrency on this Ferrari 296 GTB Squalo
German tuner DMC has presented its own vision of Ferrari’s 296 GTB sports car, a plug-in hybrid that has yet to debut later this year. The team promises us an 80-hp power boost along with an aerodynamically optimized body kit.
Starting with the former, we know that the standard 296 GTB model will pack a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 rated at 662 PS (653 hp / 487 kW). An eight-speed dual-clutch transmission will carry the momentum to the wheels assisted by an inbuilt electric motor with 168 PS (166 hp / 124 kW) of its own.
The DMC Squalo (Italian for ‘Shark’) is expected to put another 80 horses under the hood and thus ramp up the system output to 900 PS (888 hp / 662 kW).
Moving on to the body kit, it will include a diffuser, a rear wing, a front spoiler and side skirts. The tuner claims the kit offers a combined benefit of custom looks and improved downforce.
Prices remain to be announced, but it is official that the Squalo will be available for your crypto coins, should you have any. If you find it outside of your price range, consider the more affordable digital art and NFT options.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: 55-year-old Chevy Camaro gets reimagined as a badass, 800-HP track tool
- Honda CR-V puts on a Godzilla mask, buffs up to 507 PS
- This is how a barn-found Vauxhall Victor can become a modern sports car
- Nissan Ariya EV to attempt a journey from the North to the South Pole
- 25,000 HP and 563 km/h: Check out the craziest pickup truck in existence