Meet The Flip, a sports car with a face only a G-Class-driving mother could love
Like we reported earlier, Mercedes-AMG teamed up with rapper William Adams a.k.a. will.i.am to design a snazzy new supercar. Here it is! Meet WILL.I.AMG, or just The Flip for friends.
The musician wanted a Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe with G-Class styling cues, and the company delivered. While the exterior may be described as polarizing at best, it is nonetheless bound to attract loads of attention, and go tell somebody this isn’t what rappers want the most.
As you can see, the car traded its four doors for two, essentially becoming a coupe. It also received a tri-pointed bear badge instead of the usual star, matching the same logos on will.i.am’s jacket and baseball cap.
From the performance perspective, everything stays unchanged. The 4.4-liter twin-turbo’d V8 continues churning out 585 PS (577 hp / 430 kW) in its GT 63 implementation. S spec raises the output to 630 PS (621 hp / 463 kW), and 63 SE Performance Hybrid maxes things out with 830 PS (819 hp / 610 kW).
The Flip will celebrate its public debut at the F1 Miami Gran Prix this weekend, after which it will hit the auction block.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Alpina B3 breaks cover with upgraded engine and mild styling tweaks
- Video: 55-year-old Chevy Camaro gets reimagined as a badass, 800-HP track tool
- Honda CR-V puts on a Godzilla mask, buffs up to 507 PS
- This is how a barn-found Vauxhall Victor can become a modern sports car
- Nissan Ariya EV to attempt a journey from the North to the South Pole