Land Rover Defender Classic gets a luxury overhaul from Ares
Italy-based aftermarket specialist Ares Design has announced the coming of the Defender V8 Hardtop, an exclusive aftermarket take on the old Land Rover Defender. The exterior, the cabin and the engine all end up with major upgrades.
On the outside, you will recognize the off-roader by its enlarged, rounded arches, 18-inch wheels, side pipes, and LED lighting all around. The brake system at the front axle boasts six-piston calipers, and the lifted suspension offers a choice between Sport and Comfort modes.
Powering the restomod is a 5.3-liter naturally aspirated V8 capable of 360 PS (355 hp / 265 kW) and 519 Nm (383 lb-ft) of torque. The transmission is six-speed automatic, and the dynamic performance is not detailed any further.
Modern touches are evident in the cabin, where you will find an Alpine multimedia system with smartphone support, a six-channel audio system with a subwoofer, and other relevant niceties. The trim scheme revolves around soft leather and natural wood.
The V8 Hardtop will be a limited series, but there is no mention of a specific production quantity. Prices start from a cool €235,000.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Armored Lexus LX 600 withstands two grenade blasts at once
- Would you have your Audi RS 6 Avant trimmed with Alcantara like this?
- Jaguar brings back a 1950s-era C-Type Roadster
- Video: 42-year-old Ford Escort runs wild after Mazda RX-8 heart transplant
- Dodge Charger pickup conversion kit goes on sale, deliveries expected next month