Ioniq 6 sketch stays impressively close to original concept
Hyundai’s first teaser pic of the impending Ioniq 6 EV proves that the sedan follows in the tire tracks of the Prophecy Concept. The crayon drawing also prompts a few guesses as to the details.
For one thing, the car looks much like a single-spacer with a sloped roof. It has large wheels, a long rear overhang and an impressive ducktail spoiler in the back – just like the original concept envisioned.
While not shown, we expect it to ship with Pixel LED headlights similar to those of the Ioniq 5, but with different styling.
The Ioniq 6 is expected to share its platform with the automotive corporation’s other EVs, such as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 mentioned above and eco-friendly Genesis models. In its basic form, it will most likely get a single motor capable of 218 PS (215 hp / 160 kW), while higher specs will come with dual motors and north of 300 horsepower (225 kilowatts). The driving range is roughly estimated at 483 km (300 miles) or more.
An earlier teaser video from Hyundai had already previewed the battery sedan, but only as an aerodynamic art object. The company said the shape was inspired by the streamliners of the early 20th century and the art deco style.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Canoo teams up with NASA to provide EV vans carrying astronauts to rockets
- Drako Motors gets 2,000-HP Dragon EV ready to rumble, sorry, rustle tires quietly
- The GAC Green Space is a luxury fuel cell MPV
- Jaguar lines up 3 e-SUVs to compete with Bentley
- LEO Flight’s LEO Coupe is a futuristic VTOL taxi flying at 250 mph