Keep your valuables safe inside your Porsche’s hidden compartment
Porsche has submitted a patent application detailing a strongbox that is supposed to be built into a door of the car, rendering it essentially invisible for most burglars.
The hidden pocket is between 100 and 300 mm (4-12 inches) long and fits a folded A4 paper sheet if necessary. More importantly, it can be used for storing such valuables as your wallet, phone or wristwatch.
The presence of the hidden compartment is concealed from the outside of the car, so you will never know if it is there until you actually get the door open. Aside from keeping your small miscellanea safe from robbers, it offers moderate protection against dust and moisture.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- CATL to develop a battery rated for 1,000+ km / 620+ miles of range
- BMW announces Android support for its infotainment systems
- Video: Tiny rotary engine gets revved to 30k RPM, sounds fabulous
- Meet the IM L7, an EV that pays you magic crystals for keeping you waiting
- Chevrolet wants you to listen to the Corvette Z06 exhaust