Chevrolet wants you to listen to the Corvette Z06 exhaust
The new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 was introduced in the fall of 2021, and is underway to the showrooms this summer. But while the deliveries are still on hold, the company keeps the hype up with a new video detailing the sports car’s finely tuned exhaust system.
The participants of the video take turns to try and explain why the new Z06 sounds as gorgeous as it does. If you want more of the same, you can watch the second video here, showing the new Z06 during the 106th Indianapolis 500 race.
Chevrolet claims it tweaked the components to make sure the driver and the passengers felt both the sound and the vibrations coming from the engine bay, resulting in a more complete sports car experience. To that end, the engineers grouped the four tailpipes in the middle of the US-spec Corvette Z06, achieving a more aggressive sound profile. Customers in Europe will be getting a somewhat tamer configuration due to the local emission regulations.
The video also mentions that altering the sound is possible using two different sets of valves. You can switch between Weather (quiet), Tour (slightly louder), Sport (loud) and Track (downright evil).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- CATL to develop a battery rated for 1,000+ km / 620+ miles of range
- BMW announces Android support for its infotainment systems
- Video: Tiny rotary engine gets revved to 30k RPM, sounds fabulous
- Meet the IM L7, an EV that pays you magic crystals for keeping you waiting
- Chevrolet wants you to listen to the Corvette Z06 exhaust