Mansory-tuned Mercedes-Maybach GLS has more carbon and kick than you’ll ever need
German tuner Mansory has once again spectacularly failed at leaving good enough alone, taking a Maybach GLS and overhauling its exterior, cabin and engine beyond recognition.
The engine did not walk away with a simple ECU tune-up this time around, either. A pair of aftermarket turbos and a performance exhaust system made it into the project as well, enabling the powertrain to churn out 820 PS (809 hp / 603 kW) and 980 Nm (723 lb-ft) of torque. The SUV now has a 4.4-second launch time and hits its speed limiter at 300 km/h (186 mph).
Exterior tweaks included a new front apron with an integrated lip spoiler, LED DRLs, carbon-fiber side sills and a rear bumper with a diffuser made from the same lightweight material. The crossover rides on purpose-designed 24-inch wheels.
Open the door, and you will be greeted by 3d-textured fine leather and carbon trim all around the cabin, including on the steering wheel. Other than that, the interior looks inexplicably less overdone than most other Mansory projects.
Watch the video if you need a reminder of what the Mercedes-Maybach GLS normally looks like.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Armored Lexus LX 600 withstands two grenade blasts at once
- Would you have your Audi RS 6 Avant trimmed with Alcantara like this?
- Jaguar brings back a 1950s-era C-Type Roadster
- Video: 42-year-old Ford Escort runs wild after Mazda RX-8 heart transplant
- Dodge Charger pickup conversion kit goes on sale, deliveries expected next month