Big and Red: Hamann makes sure your BMW X5 M gets noticed
For those who think their BMW X5 M doesn’t look enough like an elephant in a china shop straight from the factory, Hamann now offers a styling option that dials the ostentatiousness factor to the proverbial eleven.
The exterior of the SUV, which is now officially known as The Big Red, is awash in a shade known as M Toronto Red Metallic, opposed by some black accents and carbon-fiber trim pieces. The wheels in the arches are Hamann’s own Anniversary Evo 23” set sporting multiple black spokes and a red stripe on the inner rim. Thanks to custom suspension springs, the SUV sits 40 mm (1.6 inches) lower than stock on the front axle and 35 mm (1.4 inches) lower on the rear one.
The read-and-black theme continues into the cabin, where the center console boasts rich carbon-fiber décor and the steering wheel bears the tuner’s logo. Everything stays stock under the hood.
According to Hamann, a tune-up on this scale will set you back at least €15,000, which includes €6,620 for the wheels.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Rare Plymouth Superbird flies like an arrow thanks to a 900-HP Hellcat engine
- Chevrolet Blazer restomod pretends to be seedy and dirty when it really isn’t
- Mid-engined C8 ‘Vette puts on a carbon-fiber suit
- This versatile body kit fits the latest Toyota GR 86 & Subaru BRZ
- Watch an 800-PS BMW M8 try to hit 300 km/h (186 mph)