Excessively gaudy golden BMW X5 gets banned from Düsseldorf
A police patrol in Düsseldorf, Germany has spotted a BMW X5 moving down a street encased in an eye-wateringly shiny gold wrap. The driver was forced to stop and had his car immediately towed away.
According to the press statement, the golden BMW X5 was found too dangerous for the other drivers due to its blinding glare, which could cause an accident. In turn, the owner said he was shocked to discover that the wrap – which he has apparently paid €3,000 for – could be an issue for anyone.
In turn, Harold Schmitke, General Director of the Association of Tuners of Germany, pointed out that if a modded car causes problems or inconvenience of any kind to any other traffic participants, then driving it is out of the question.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 1050 HP for $115k: SVE unveils the 2021 Yenko/SC Stage 2 Camaro
- Diesel-powered Kia Stinger rides low and exudes coolness
- Nissan Leaf gets turned into an emergency response vehicle/power generator
- TechArt launches a couple of options for the Porsche 718 Cayman
- This 1989 Lancia Delta Integrale could make your dream about owning a rally car real