Mercedes-Maybach gets ready for its 100th birthday
Mercedes will soon begin celebrating one hundred years since the establishment of its luxury sub-brand, Maybach. A teaser image previews a special V12 S-Class coming to the party this year.
The sedan has a longer-than-usual wheelbase, and if you look closely at the reflection you will see the first-generation Maybach W3 model dating back to 1926.
It remains to be seen how different the anniversary edition will be from the regular Mercedes-Maybach S-Class revealed last year. The latter has not started shipping yet, and we still don’t know what kind of powertrain it will get. Six-liter V12 and AWD seem like the best guesses, but there’s no telling for sure until the launch.
In other news, Mercedes announced its first pure battery EV; more details should follow soon.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Caterham Seven EV is imminent, but will have to wait until 2023
- Meet the Solterra, Subaru’s first EV between Heaven and Earth
- Every Little Bit Helps: MG launches Cyberster crowdfunding campaign
- The Estrema Fulminea EV is a 1,500kW hypercar due out in 2H 2023
- Porsche Macan exposes its dual nature heading into the future