Video: Audi RS 6 Avant vs. Audi S8
The CarWOW team decided to see how the Audi RS 6 Avant wagon would perform in a drag race against the S8 saloon: both have four-liter V8s, 8-range A/T and AWD, and both cost around £100,000 in UK. But which one feels sportier?
Starting our comparison with the S8, the flagship sedan churns out 571 PS (563 hp / 420 kW) and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) of torque. It weighs in at roughly 2,230 kilograms (4,916 pounds) and costs £101,000+.
The RS 6 is lighter, more powerful and more affordable than its rival, coming in at 2,075 kg (4,575 lbs) and producing 600 PS (592 hp / 441 kW) with the same peak torque. You can get one for £95,400.
Watch the video and be warned that the sedan uses its two-pedal advantage to win some of the races. Transmissions are also different between the two, with the luxury flagship switching smoother than the estate car.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Did Tesla Model S just set a quarter-mile record?
- Rumor: Ronaldo buys a unique Ferrari Monza after Ibrahimović
- Mercedes-Benz EQS production started, sales in Europe set for this fall
- Defender-imitating Ineos Grenadier gets pushed back to mid-2022
- The Chevy Corvette Cabrio is this year’s Indy 500 safety car