Jeremy Clarkson nominates Car of the Year 2021
The ex-Top Gear presenter thinks the Toyota GR Yaris should win this year’s Motor Awards competition.
According to Jeremy Clarkson, he did not expect too much from the hot hatch, being originally convinced that it was elderly widows’ ride of choice for bridge club visits. He changed his opinion drastically during the very first test drive, pointing out well-balanced chassis and emotional handling on any surface.
The hot hatchback had already won Car of the Year in the UK, while its standard counterpart claimed a similar award in Europe, but it missed the prize in the international CotY competition.
The GR Yaris uses a 1.6-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine in tandem with a six-speed manual transmission for 272 PS (268 hp / 200 kW) and 360 Nm (266 lb-ft) of torque. It needs 5.5 seconds to get from zero to 100 km/h (62 mph). It has been available for purchase from January 2020.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 21-year-old Mustang Cobra R bid to $80k thanks to low mileage
- 2020 Audi RS 3 evaluated at 2x the new price, because it’s a racer
- Barely used 2010 Bugatti Veyron crops up for $1.6M in Russia
- Rumor: Opel Astra to spawn an SUV or high-riding wagon version
- This 1990 Honda CR-X is a time capsule from Portugal