1,026 PS and 6WD: Hennessey Mammoth 1000 TRX hits production
Hennessey Performance first mentioned its intentions to transform the Ram TRX into a badass 6x6 truck two years ago, but the production hasn’t begun until this month. Only a dozen units will be built and sold starting at $450,000.
For their investment, buyers will be getting a truly unrivaled, performance-driven three-axle pickup with a body 7,190 mm (283 inches) long, 2,235 mm (88 inches) wide and around 2,100 mm (7 feet) tall.
The custom build uses the original Ram TRX V8 with its 6.2 liters of supercharged displacement, but puts a plethora of upgrades on it to drive the output from the original 712 PS (702 hp / 524 kW) all the way up to 1,026 PS (1,012 hp / 755 kW) and 1,313 Nm (968 lb-ft) of torque. This necessitates replacing most of the engine bay components with upgrade parts.
Elsewhere, the Mammoth 1000 TRX rocks height-adjustable suspension, 20-inch wheels shod in 27-inch all-terrain tires, automatic running boards, and custom touches in the cabin. Hennessey is offering it with a 24-month warranty.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: 55-year-old Chevy Camaro gets reimagined as a badass, 800-HP track tool
- Honda CR-V puts on a Godzilla mask, buffs up to 507 PS
- This is how a barn-found Vauxhall Victor can become a modern sports car
- Nissan Ariya EV to attempt a journey from the North to the South Pole
- 25,000 HP and 563 km/h: Check out the craziest pickup truck in existence