Brabus-tuned G-Wagen 6x4 hits the auction block
Cars & Bids is currently offering this one-off, tri-axled Mercedes-Benz G550 SUV for sale in the United States. The bidding is still at a relatively low $80,000, but could get lively before the auction closes in three days.
The giant off-roader only has two seat rows inside, but those in the back seats enjoy what probably amounts to infinite legroom. The rest of the added space goes to the trunk, which is also more like a truck bed in terms of size and practicality.
Speaking of trucks: Mercedes did produce a 6x6 G-Class back in the time, but it was a strictly limited special edition and a pickup truck, at that. In contrast, this one was converted from a regular G-Class SUV by stretching its body and chassis and slapping a third wheel axle on. Brabus parts all around help with the menacing appearance, but the internals stay stock.
As such, powering the fairly dated G550 ride is a 4.0-liter V8 boosted to 422 PS (416 hp / 310 kW). The torque goes to two standard axles, while the third one remains uncoupled and just drags along like the dead weight it is. With around 1,000 km (600 miles) under its belt, the vehicle is in barely used condition.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Yet another tweaked Land Rover Defender resembles a Lego toy
- Feast your eyes on this flawlessly reconstructed Ford Mustang 1964.5
- Check out the Airstream Excella, a motorhome the likes of which astronauts lived in
- Six-wheeled Volvo XC60 causes ripples at a show in Sweden
- G-Power unveils the world’s first 800-PS Porsche 911 Turbo S