New Colorado Teardrops trailer will charge up your EV
Camping trailers present a perfect solution for those willing to drive an EV and spend their free time outdoors. Colorado Teardrops has an interesting option going with The Boulder, a trailer specifically made for battery vehicles.
The model sports a modern design with a low-drag body and comes with a spacious battery you can use to charge up your EV away from civilization.
The 75-kWh battery pack resides under the floor of the trailer and can be used to add 100 miles (161 kilometers) to the range of your EV in just 10 minutes, the company claims. Of course, specific results will vary from car to car. Getting the battery from zero to 80% will take around 80 minutes.
Other than that, the model runs on a stainless-steel platform and features an aluminum cabin. A queen-size bed inside should be enough for two adults, while children can use two separate beds. The inner space can be tidied up and turned into a dining area when the beds aren’t in use. A recess with shelves and a large tabletop can be found in the back.
The Boulder costs $55,000 in the USA, but you can make a deposit of $10,000 to slash the price to $45,000. The deliveries will begin next year.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- VW ID.4 soon to be available for test drives with Alexa on board
- Volvo EX90 to debut on November 9 with smart tech on board
- Automatic Nissan Z pulled from the market over parking mode issues
- Pagani explains why the Utopia runs on a V12 and not a 1,000-HP V8 hybrid
- Lamborghini Huracan to get a part-electric successor, reports say