Louis Vuitton teams up with Maybach on luxury marque’s new design study
Maybach will unveil a new show car dubbed simply Project Maybach on December 1, 2021. Its exterior will combine stylistic touches of Maybach Design Chief Gorden Wagener and Louis Vuitton Creative Director Virgil Abloh.
The team promises to ‘expand the limits of functionality and style’ and unveil something ‘entirely unrestrained by production specifications or blueprints,’ so the car will probably never see the mass market. No other details have been provided, not even regarding the body style or dimensions.
Something highly experimental and futuristic is high on our list of expectations. The collaboration project pursues two main goals, the first of which is to take the Maybach creative heritage to the future and introduce its ideals to the new generations of drivers. The other one, according to Wagener, is to “write a new Maybach rulebook” together with Abloh. As you may have also noticed, the concept will also celebrate 100 years since the establishment of the luxury brand.
The photos and the video in our gallery depict a racecar concept based on the Mercedes G-Class, which Wagener and Abloh co-designed and revealed last fall. It was their first time working together.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Fancy yourself a fiery coffin on wheels? Barris Kustoms will be selling one next year
- Renault takes interest in Stella Vita, a sustainable campervan concept from Sweden
- Lexus and Marvel team up to design 10 ‘Eternals’ show cars
- IPhone manufacturer debuts 3 EV concepts, readies 1 for production
- Tesla quietly pulls Cybertruck specs and pricing from the website